About Me

My photo
I'm a nature obsessed artist who lives in an little house in a little vilage in the Highlands of Scotland.I wander around a lot in the wilds and spend time just looking at things like birds and moths and trees and rocks. The rest of the time I'm drawing or painting, making odd things out of old stuff and drinking giant cups of peppermint tea. Imogen Greene is my pen name. I like the way it sounds and it just kind of suits what I do.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

In the studio today


This is what I started work on today..... a collection of butterflies. I'm going to try and remember to photograph it at various stages along the way but if I get in the groove I'm likely to get carried away with it and forget. I've chosen nine butterflies that we see locally; scotch argus, green veined white, ringlet, red admiral, common blue, peacock, fritillary, orange tip and small tortoiseshell.
 I also managed to confirm the exhibition date today, August 1st at the Explore Abernethy Trust Centre in Nethy Bridge which is not far from where I live.The Trust does a marvellous job of promoting and looking after the natural heritage of the local area with trails to explore, a ranger service and lots of events like bat counts and stargazing. I have just under two weeks to have everything ready as I'm on holiday after that up until the day before the exhibition, eeeek! Best get back to it then!  

No comments: