About Me

My photo
I'm a nature obsessed artist who lives in an little house in a little vilage in the Highlands of Scotland.I wander around a lot in the wilds and spend time just looking at things like birds and moths and trees and rocks. The rest of the time I'm drawing or painting, making odd things out of old stuff and drinking giant cups of peppermint tea. Imogen Greene is my pen name. I like the way it sounds and it just kind of suits what I do.

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Looking back and keeping track


This drawing is my latest ETSY sale. As I walked through the snow down to the post office I had a bit of a think about how things have been going with the shop and just my art in general. I'm a full time artist and Imogens Attic is one strand of what I do.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened my ETSY shop back in Febuary. I'd spent quite a bit of time trawling the site before I took the plunge and was aware that there are a fair number of shops out there that never make a sale so I'm really pleased that the hedgehog is sale no25. Some of my sales have been to family and friends and I'm loving the support they've given me. I especially enjoy packaging up my works for sending overseas- so far I've sent things to France, USA and Australia. I think when you spend most of the time working on your own it's essential to celebrate every little success, so I have had the idea to put a World map up on my studio wall and stick pins in all the places an Imogen Greene original has landed. A way of keeping track of the migration of my little creatures.( I've been buying little things from fellow etsians aswell as a wee treat!) I hope that if I devote a bit more time to making new work and blogging more regularly the sales will continue.......... that's the plan anyway.

2 comments:

Maggie Flatley said...

I love your work! It is truly beautiful!

Imogen Greene said...

Thank you Maggie, you've brightened my morning on this dull and wintry day!