About Me

My photo
I'm a nature obsessed artist who lives in an little house in a little vilage in the Highlands of Scotland.I wander around a lot in the wilds and spend time just looking at things like birds and moths and trees and rocks. The rest of the time I'm drawing or painting, making odd things out of old stuff and drinking giant cups of peppermint tea. Imogen Greene is my pen name. I like the way it sounds and it just kind of suits what I do.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

WINTER HARES

I have finally got down to doing some new pieces for etsy
and thought it might be nice to do some ACEOs.
I've been meaning to draw more hares
 and spied some mountain hares at the weekend while hill walking.
They don various shades of grey & brown and turn white for winter
Some of them are half way to turning white
 and others are already there.
We sometimes call them blue hares-
 for the beautiful shades of their coats.
I've done a series of four at different stages of their winter change,
hope you like!
I took some photos of the process....


I'm working on a very smooth watercolour paper
Step1- a quick pencil sketch

Step2- drawing with a dip pen in Indian ink,
 mistakes still optional!

Step 3-Add light washes of acrylic ink, small changes can still be made and final details picked out with the dip pen.  




The finished article!.
 I will be posting these in Imogens Attic on etsy later this evening.

2 comments:

Clare Beeson said...

Beautiful hares Imogen. You are very talented!

Miriam Nowak said...

Dear Imogen, i will put a translator on my blog for you :) Thanks for the advice! I love your works!